We focus on the following issues:
- Cognitive/mental stimulation
- Facilitating Sensory and motor(movement) development.
- Facilitating appropriate behavior and social skills.
- Stimulating visual motor and visual perceptual skills.
- Facilitating self-help skills (self feeding, dressing, toileting e.t.c).
- Facilitation and stimulation of functional mobility.
- Enhancing language and communication skills.
- Consultation on appropriate assistive devices and rehabilitation equipments.
- Home visits and parent education on issues of special need children.
By receiving occupational therapy treatment, a child may be able to:-
- Develop peer and adult relationships
- Learn how to focus on tasks
- Learn how to delay gratification
- Express feelings in more appropriate ways
- interact and communicate understandably
- Engage in play with peers
- Learn how to self-regulate
- Improve his classroom performance.