Speech Therapy Program for Kids
Speech and language therapy is plays important role in rehabilitative healthcare field. It is quickly becoming apparent, especially as awareness and understanding of its significant benefits increases in children with Autism.
We at Sarm’s Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation Centre are proud to introduce a speech and language therapy program for kids with Autism. This program is in response to parent’s request for additional therapeutic speech sessions. A visiting speech therapist will be available at our center every Wednesday and Saturday. The program will focus on individual child therapy. However, group therapy and family support will be also provided as needed.
The speech therapist has decided to implement a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment. She will also collaborate with occupational therapist and special need educators to ensure the optimal therapeutic outcome for individual child.
The speech therapist will attend children from 2 up to 10years old who were diagnosed with disorders that affect expressive and receptive language, speech and swallowing. Following the assessment of the child, the therapist will arrange for sessions of intervention and treatment.
The therapist will consider the number of disorders and conditions in the following areas:
- Speech, including articulation, fluency, phonation, resonance and voice
- Language, including receptive and expressive language phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics, language processing, pre-literacy and phonological awareness
- Cognition, including attention memory, problem solving and executive functions
- Dysphagia (swallowing), including chewing, swallowing delay and aspiration
- Voice disorders, both organic and functional
- Sensory awareness, for communication and dysphagia
- Motor speech disorders (dysarthria apraxia)
- Anomia (naming difficulties)
Assessments are performed following a screening process and an initial interview. This allows for a more individualized treatment plan to be developed, which is agreed upon by both the speech therapists and the patient or caregiver. Follow-up sessions are also provided to ensure proper generalization and maintenance of target behaviors.
To find more please call +255 (0)656 050300 or you can visit our Centre which is Located at Nadharia St, Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Email: email@example.com
You are most well come